Focusing on lending to the underserved and rapidly growing small and medium-sized enterprise market, Credijusto is a leading financial tech company based in Mexico City. It’s backed by a group of globally recognized institutional investors, with lending amounts ranging from $150,000 to $10 million that help to address the needs of those who would otherwise be rejected by the banks.
Credijusto uses a combination of cutting-edge software design and innovative data science applications to structure their products and make sound financial decisions. This allows for fewer approval procedures than would traditionally be required and a clear, transparent process for delivering rapid approvals.
The company prides itself on establishing long-term relationships with clients to help them meet their business and financial goals. Interest rates are determined based on the business’ stability, financial indicators and credit history, as well as the collateral guarantees available. Compared to the banks where 9 out of 10 applicants are rejected for loans, Credijusto is reversing the figures, with 9 out of 10 approvals and lending even to those who are reported in the credit bureau.
You can find more info at https://www.credijusto.com/
We are looking for a well-rounded, entrepreneurial, hands-on and analytical marketing professional to join Credijusto as Head of Marketing.
The Head of Marketing will build our marketing function from the ground up: develop strategies for both offline and online marketing channels, execute these strategies end-to-end, lay the groundwork for our marketing voice and direction, and build out a larger marketing team. The Head of Marketing will report to our Chief Growth Officer and work closely with Growth, Product, Sales and our senior executive team, including our Co-CEOs. This is a very unique opportunity for a well-rounded marketing professional to join a high-growth startup and have autonomy and full responsibility to define our marketing direction.
What you will do:
- Develop multi-channel and multi-tool marketing strategy, and lead end-to-end execution of it
- Build and execute marketing strategy for distinct customer channels:
- Affiliates (B2B): affiliates have been the main engine for growth of Credijusto’s
customer base; develop strategy for initial contact and re-marketing existing
- Direct-to-consumer (D2C): work with our direct sales team to develop scalable
marketing efforts to attract consumers directly
- New business channels: develop marketing strategies for new business
and products as they surface, including equipment leasing, a fast-growing
- Execute online marketing efforts (SEO, SEM, mass emails, etc.) along with third party agencies
- Organize and execute offline marketing efforts, including in-person events
- Analyze information and feedback from current and past clients to identify areas of opportunity for marketing tactics
- Manage internal clients as well as a network of third-party vendors (PR agencies, digital marketing agencies and others), and continue to engage with third party providers to complement your work as needed
- Define tactics across multiple teams and align them around a marketing strategy
- Experiment and test new tactics constantly
- Engage with and interact closely with customers to gain key insights
- Define key metrics and drive a strong focus on performance and goal attainment
- Build out a larger Marketing team in the medium term in an organized and systemic manner
What you bring:
- 4+ years of experience in strategy roles and Marketing roles at a tech startup (experience at a B2B startup is a plus)
- You are resourceful and well-rounded, not afraid to roll up your sleeves and do things yourself
- You have broad experience in several areas of marketing, both online and offline, and can build the entire function holistically from the ground up
- You have an analytical and structured yet resourceful approach to marketing, you like diving into the numbers and coming up with practical solutions
- You have experience working with cross-functional teams
- You have great interpersonal skills – you can manage internal and external clients and build a team that resonates with our culture
- You have a willingness to test and comfort with prototyping and failing fast
- You are biased towards action. You will know the data, and be in the details
- You will set a bar high and build strong collaborative relationships with other team members
- Spanish language fluency is strongly preferred
Creating opportunities for small and medium business through access to credit
Allan Apoj and David Portiz met at Brown university and after a brief time working at a payday lender founded Credijusto on the idea that small and medium business owners in Mexico should receive a cheaper alternative to excessively high interest rates charged by banks and micro lenders.